Discussion Forum 7

Workshops that stuck with me

Workshops that stuck with me

by Hannah Jagroop -
Number of replies: 1

Yes, Dr. Moore led a workshop at CPCE that has stayed with me to this day. The training focused on building courses using the Moodle Platform. Various designs, structures, activities, and materials that we can use at CPCE to enhance our online courses were shown to us. I'm currently using the knowledge from that project to build courses on the Moodle platform for my department. 

My favorite icebreaker is the one I learnt from this course. That is, Two Truths and a Lie. For this icebreaker, everyone in the group writes down two truths about themselves and one lie. Out of the three stated statements, everyone else tries to identify which is a falsehood. Selecting esoteric truths to convey and a falsehood that seems plausible are the keys to deceiving your colleagues. 

In reply to Hannah Jagroop

Re: Workshops that stuck with me

by Beatrice Okoth -
Hello Hanna,
The ice breaker is one good way to create a bond between distance leaners. It helps bring out the individuality which is key whenever people try to bond. It can be used within the course, but it can also be used during orientation where both managers, faculty and staff meet the distance learner either at the learning centres or virtually.
Regards,
Beatrice